Sanchez vs. Clemens, For New York Jets’ QB

It is confirmed, June 10, when Mark Sanchez signed a $60 million bucks worth of deal with the New York Jets, having $28 million guarantee.

During the Jets minicamp, Sanchez showed the hype hitting Wright short, for a 17-yard touchdown pass. Together with the rookie, Coach Rex Ryan also commented on Eric Smith, Marques Murrell, as well as Wallace Wright, who have exceptionally preformed during their minicamp.

Going back to Sanchez, Ryan indeed feels the battling between Sanchez and Clemens, for the starting quarterback position.

Clemens, as we can recall, recently was the first option for the New York Jets, to play as their starting QB, since Brett Favre has already retired. But with the presence now of Mark Sanchez who is indeed showing a great potential, there will now be a big question mark to answer and to find out whose gonna be the man to lead their offense.

Clemens, however, remains cool about it. He even told that the deal with Sanchez was surely out of his business. And being the highest paid player doesn’t conclude that he’s going to be the man to play; but instead, the best player, is the one who’s definitely had to take the spot.

Coach Ryan told that it’s really gonna be a dogfight between the two. And when the right time comes, they will then decide whose going to be the man to play the offense.

The Jets’ full team practices is projected to finish till July 31, and until their training camp holds, maybe that’s the perfect deciding point, where the competition for the New York Jet’s quarterback will start to heat up, and later on, be concluded.

Who do you think will win the battle? The newly drafted Sanchez? Or Clemens who had been with the Jets since the 2006 season? Do you think there’s really an issue having Sanchez to receive such a big deal?

We just hope that whosoever going to be the Jet’s starting quarterback, he will surely drive the Jet’s offense towards its victory; and will definitely drive all the fans as well, to cheer and shout for them in this coming 2009 season.

Brett retiring from the New York Jets

On Feb. 11, 2009, the 39 year old Brett Lorenzo Favre #4, QB of the New York Jets, declared that he is ending his professional football career and has no plans of coming back.

Having been an 18 year veteran, Brett has spent his 16 years of career with the Green Bay Packers. Playing as their starting quarterback from 1992 till 2007 NFL seasons, and having been named as one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of the league, Favre has been one of the drivers that led the Packers to its victories. Several of those were when he led the Packers to 7 division championships from 1995-97, 2002-04, and 2007; NFC Championship games from 1995-97, 2007; 1 Super Bowl Championship (Super Bowl XXXI) and more.

But this is not the first time Favre announced his retirement. Just this March, after a loss against the Giants on January 2008, Favre told his quitting. But eventually he requested his return to the team before the start of the last season.

The Packers traded Brett to the Jets prior to the 2008 season. Since then, Brett had shown quite a good performance with the Jets, which even made him selected as the FedEx Air Player of the Week on week four of the 2008 season, where Brett threw 6 touchdowns against the Cardinals. Though on Dec. 29, 2008, the news revealed that Favre has torn biceps tendon on his right shoulder. However, Brett later announced that there’s no need for a major surgery for his injury.
When the season ended, the words of Favre to Jets’ General Manager Mike Tannenbaum may have been a hint, saying “it may be time to look in a different direction,” pertaining about his position being the quarterback of the New York Jets. Until finally, on Feb. 11, 2009, he told the team that he is retiring for good.

Will it be really goodbye for Favre? Or will he changed his mind again? Whatever decision he made or will make later, surely, Brett Favre will live his own legacy in the history of NFL.